• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valtrex

Hey guys, I just wanted to share are some symptoms I'm experiencing with Valtrex. I'm on my third week and I felt some great improvement regarding fatigue/brain fog and headaches. However, for the last couple days I've noticed the headaches are coming back, just not as strong as before I started taking Valtrex. I've also noticed the fatigue and brain fog creeping in the last couple days?

Is this normal? Is the Valtrex starting to fail already? Could this possibly be die-off?

It's discouraging to begin to see improvement then start to lose it.

ukxmrv

I improved on Valtrex right from the start but for me it was mainly in lessening of viral symptoms and pain. Never really had headaches as part of the ME but more so with sinus infections. Never had any "die off" or bad reactions.

However, there is still an up and down of ME symptoms even if I take Valtrex regularly. It is discouraging to finally get an improvement from a drug just to lose it again. Hope someone else will be able to shed more light on what could be happening here.