• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

valtrex or acycolvir?

SOC

Interesting . I have only seen generics so maybe brand valtrex is different ? ?
It's not that. :) On Dr L's recommendation, I only take the Mylan or Teva generics, but they are generics.

It does make me wonder about the blue dye, though, since we've never had a problem with Valtrex, but also never had ones with blue dye.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
@SOC now that i think about it most valtrex from online sources are cipla brand. Maybe the blue tablets are specific to cipla and other generics that are repackaged cipla valtrex?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-26-10-56-26.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-26-10-56-26.png
    496.3 KB · Views: 5

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
now that i think about it most valtrex from online sources are cipla brand. Maybe the blue tablets are specific to cipla and other generics that are repackaged cipla valtrex?
Mine are that shape and color but have F 82 stamped on them--but they are 500 mg not 1000 mg and they are made by Aurobindo Pharm, another Indian generic company.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Mine are that shape and color but have F 82 stamped on them--but they are 500 mg not 1000 mg and they are made by Aurobindo Pharm, another Indian generic company.

I wish famvir was as cheap as valtrex. Instead of increasing famvir dose i have added valtrex as it works out cheaper .

SOC

I don't know if this is particularly relevant, but Dr L specified Mylan or Teva because he felt patients using other generics didn't have as good results from the other generics. I don't remember him saying that it was a side effects issue, but it might have been....?

cb2

mine are 500 mg and they are made by Aurobindo Pharm with F 82 stamped on them too. I think Dr. L must be onto something. I have asked the clinic if i could try famvir, if that doesn't work i can ask the pharmacy to give me Mylan or Teva..and see what happens.

cb2

I was able to get the clinic to switch to famvir.. ! yay.. only thing is i have developed a very itchy rash ..maybe from zithro that i took late last week..although i have been on abx several times and never gotten a rash. I am thinking it would be best to wait until the rash recedes before i start the famvir? thanks