• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valtrex antiviral in Australia

Gavman

I saw doctor about getting on valtrex, its $35 on NHS script or $100 a month without.
Nothing else has worked and I developed it after kissing a sick woman..
The doctor said if you have genital herpes or a culture showing viral load. Neither are shown.
I'm in Australia, does anyone have any advice?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I saw doctor about getting on valtrex, its $35 on NHS script or $100 a month without.
Nothing else has worked and I developed it after kissing a sick woman..
The doctor said if you have genital herpes or a culture showing viral load. Neither are shown.
I'm in Australia, does anyone have any advice?

Is your doc willing to work with you ie do some other testing etc. Maybe he would read some of dr lerners work on antivirals in cfs/me?

Get tested for ebv, cmv and hhv6 just to see if u have the viruses then get a lymphocyte sub set test to see if your immune system is activated which is a clue that these viruses are stirring things up, specifically cd8 lymphocytes are commonly elevated in ebv/cmv unsure on hhv6 but possibly. If u have these then i would say your a candidate for antivirals.

i dont think u will get antivirals covered long term on PBS and you will likely have to pay for full price. I buy my antivirals online which are much cheaper then locally, quality is good and they have helped me . I have also used much lower doses then quoted in antiviral studies so i think dosing is an individual factor. personally i would go with famvir as it has a wider range of action then valtrex.

cheers!!

ukxmrv

You could maybe consider buying a generic version of Valtrex from abroad? I'm buying the CIPLA brand and for me they are working as well as the real one. I did try one other that didn't work though. Generic valtrex is available through internet pharmacies with no script.