1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Valtrex and being nauseous

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by equestrian111, Apr 26, 2012.

1. equestrian111

equestrian111

ct
    Has any one gotten nauseous on valtrex. Take 1gm 3xday with ritidine. Been on it for a month and am starting to get upset stomach.
  2. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I've been fine with Valrex but have never taken it during the morning when I am prone to nausea or at that dose or with Ritidine. Really sorry to hear that it is making you nauseous.
  3. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    I always take it on a full stomach to avoid nausea.
  4. Zensational

Zensational

Orlando, Florida
    I recently started on on Acyclovir 800mg, 4 times daily. I believe this drug in similar in chemical make-up to Valtrex. Dr. Dantini also prescribes Zantac 300mg twice daily to help reduce stomach acid since stomach acid makes Acyclovir less effective as an antiviral.
    This drug is to be taken after a meal. He also told me to place the pill, which is quite large, under my tongue and let it dissolve. This would minimize the side effects which can be nausea and headache.
  5. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Good lord! Those things are monsters. How long does one take to dissolve? As I recall, they taste pretty awful, too. I suppose it's better than becoming nauseous. :D

See more popular forum discussions.