1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Valproic Acid

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Daffodil, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

Hi all. I am wondering if anyone here is on Valproic Acid (Depakote) for epilepsy, bipolar disorder, etc. Valproic Acid helps activate latent HIV cells and also might help HTLV-induced neuro disease...so i am wondering how it affects XMRV.

Thanks
    Sue
  2. Alesh

Alesh Senior Member

Czech Republic, EU
    Hi Daffodil,

in the past I also tried this drug. I had an unusual reaction to this drug in the form of anxiety and general sickness so I discontinued it after the single dose. Perhaps it means something, otherwise I tolerate drugs if taken cautiously.
  3. ballard

ballard

I tried Depakote for migraines. It decreased the frequency of the migraines. Unfortunately it was causing me to lose hair, so I discontinued using it. :(

It did not make any difference in my CFS.

See more popular forum discussions.