• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valley Fever researchers use $4.8 million grant to speed development of vaccine for dogs

antares4141

Sundancer

@antares4141 , yaknow, I'm so used to being called a nutjob that i start to expect it, just like you it seems....

and no, i don't think mold is the only trigger for ME.

I think the start of it is multifactorial, then the system shuts down and produces an illness that is much alike for all of us.

I do not believe they will find a medicine for it, i do hope they'll start to take this illness serious, do not do more damage to patients making them even more sick.

antares4141

@antares4141 , yaknow, I'm so used to being called a nutjob that i start to expect it, just like you it seems....

and no, i don't think mold is the only trigger for ME.

I think the start of it is multifactorial, then the system shuts down and produces an illness that is much alike for all of us.

I do not believe they will find a medicine for it, i do hope they'll start to take this illness serious, do not do more damage to patients making them even more sick.

I don't really believe it either. Suspect it's an immune disorder. Like you stated is multifactorial. I hate to speculate cause I am always wrong but if I were to I would say mine was set off from occupational exposures to pesticides. But before that I was no stranger to all kinds of materials. Fiberglass occupationally, acetone, paint, other solvent's, fumes from torches and welders. I'm sure I am forgetting a lot of things.
Although I am still open to something totally different like a bacterial or viral infection of some kind. I've learned not to become too invested into any theory over the last two decades.