• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

valcyte source, anyone used these guys

ukxmrv

No, I've not used them. They don't say who makes the generic valcyte. It may pay to drop the an email and ask. I've tried Cipla and one other manufacturer and only Cipla had any effect on me.

SOC

I'd be concerned about this product. As I understand it, Valcyte is still under patent, which is a large part of why it is so expensive. Since Valcyte has the potential for very serious side-effects, I'd worry about using a knock-off brand which may or may not be up to quality standards. Valtrex, OTOH, is fairly recently off patent and so there are reliable generics available at reasonable (relatively speaking) prices.

Just my opinion, though.

FunkOdyssey

Pharmaceutical companies in other parts of the world (namely India) do not respect our patents, fortunately for consumers. The fact that they make generics available while the drug is still on patent here implies nothing about the quality.

If I thought I'd benefit from valcyte and my insurance wouldn't cover it here, I wouldn't hesitate to order.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Yes, i understand India dont repsect patents, thanks india! lol, I have used generics from india before from 4rx and had good results and happy with their products but 4rx dont sell valcyte. If someone has used this company and seen their viral load go down with their valcyte, that would be great, just weary handing over $3k until i hear from someone who has first hand experience.

thanks for the replies and opinions,
cheers!!!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Im not sure about a script, but myself being in australia i would get one because of customs here would probably grab it and $3k is too much to lose. I also just checked with 4rx and spoke to someone on their online help and they said they dont carry it or are able to get it, which is a shame as all their other meds are really well priced. maybe the pharmacy can put u in touch with a doc who will prescribe it.

cheers!!!