1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Valcyte (plus) Update

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by SOC, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Butydoc

Butydoc

SOC, Have you used any anti-inflammatory drugs while on Valcyte.
    Dr. Montoya now uses anti-inflammatory on his patients. He feels the inflammatory component of the disease is damaging and needs to be addressed. I started on both Valcyte and colchine almost 10 mo ago with slow continued progress. He claims he has seen impressive results with this combination.

Gary
    aimossy likes this.
  2. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    Hi
    Hi Gary

Can I ask - what is colchine? Nothing comes up when I Google it.
    vli likes this.
  3. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    No, we had no anti-inflammatory drugs while on Valcyte. Now we take the standard anti-inflammatory combo Drs Rey and Klimas recommend -- fish oil, vitamin C, coq10, and.... um.... something else. :confused:

I have to agree that the inflammation we're dealing with is a big problem.
  4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    He might have meant colchicine???

Ema
  5. Butydoc

Butydoc

Thanks Ema for correcting my spelling. The drug I'm on is colchicine. He recently increased my dosage from .6 mg to .9 mg/day.
    He told me if my progress becomes stagnant he would consider using a stronger drug, like methotrexate. He claims he is seeing a very strong cytokine inflammatory profile in cfs/me patients. He should be publishing his results soon.

Gary
    heapsreal likes this.
  6. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    I'm looking forward to that publication. I think all the docs who are actually doing cytokine testing are seeing the same thing. We need this info published and accepted.
  7. Butydoc

Butydoc

Hi Jenny,
    Colchicine is an anti-inflammatory drug most commonly used in acute flair-ups of gout. The drug has been around for at least 50 years.

Gary

See more popular forum discussions.