1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

valcyte effeciency bewteeen 900mg and 450mg dosgae study

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by heapsreal, Jun 20, 2011.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Found this study in reguard to preventing CMV in organ transplant. It seems that theres not much difference between 450mg versus 900mg, the higher dose seems to be related to more side effects. These dosages maybe different to treating active infection i suppose, but the lower dosage if used in cfs/me make valcyte more affordable to try, maybe with another antiviral??

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/52/3/313.abstract

cheers!!!
  2. undcvr

undcvr Senior Member

NYC
    The variance btw pple with CFS and the way they respond to Valcyte is so weird. As you may already know I was one of those that responded to Valcyte but only at its highest dose. I have tried cuttg the dosage in half, twice now, but each time the EBV/HHV6 came back. I have been on it for 6 months.

Side effects at the highest dose have been minimal to none for me.

See more popular forum discussions.