1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Valcyte and menstrual periods

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by vli, Jan 11, 2013.

1. vli

vli

CA
    Any menstruating females on valcyte (sorry, i had to make it clear):

I've been having 3 actual periods (not just "spotting") since starting valcyte on 7th Dec, the last one having started today. This is worrying to me because it's only the 11th Jan. Has anyone experienced this??? Help!
  2. RUkiddingME

RUkiddingME Senior Member

Canada
    Hi vli, sorry I can't help...yet. I just sarted Valcyte 6 days ago. My period last month was the worst ever so I hope Valcyte won't make that worse. I'm 44. I'm taking 900 mg bid and so far it's like taking candy. Hope I can tolerate it. How are you doing with it besides the wacky periods?
  3. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    vli
    I don't think the Valcyte is likely to be a factor. FWIW, neither daughter nor I had menstrual changes while taking Valcyte.

You might want to get checked for uterine polyps, though. They cause bleeding that looks like off-cycle menstrual bleeding. If you leave it too long, you can lose a lot of blood most PWME can't afford to do without. ;)
  4. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Not on the Valcyte.

On MAF878 I had a totally wierd month of deep bleeding, then stopping, deed bleeding then stopping. Totally unusual for me and has not happened since Is stopped the MAF878.

Be interesting to know why some things hit us in this way.

See more popular forum discussions.