• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

vagus nerve?!

notmyself

Ive read about vagus nerve but it seems theres nothing we can do to fix it? Also no diagnosis?
nerves and vagus nerve aswell have the ability to regenerate themselves from what i know..the main problem is identifying what is causing the damage.The biggest probability is a virus infection, but can be other stuff,maybe some can be adress , like metal toxicity for example..I feel like i make a huge discovery today..reading all day about this, the vagus nerve dysfucntion can cause every single symptoms i have. It doesn t say anything about PEM ,wich i don t really have..i need to see the best neurologist in the country, i know understand what is causing all this!

notmyself

From there i read about glial inhibitor but dont know much about it @ChrisD[/QUOTE]

they don t exist yet from what i know..but they are working on it,it is in developement..

vision blue

Interesting. thanks. have been wondering if these autonomic attacks i'm getting now are failures of the vagus nerve. been thinking about caratod massage to try to kick them into action. will read your link.
(incidentally, this started with a virus which i guess would fit; can't get a neurolgist interested though, and am being shunted to cardios and endocrinos

Misfit Toy

Yes, the woman who write "Healing Histamine" feels this is the vagus nerve. Many people feel this way and I have wondered it myself.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

It doesn t say anything about PEM ,wich i don t really have..

You don't have it, but it's typically present in ME. Many symptoms are overlapping with ME. But there are many many diseases with overlapping symptoms. And many symptoms of vagus nerve dysfunction do not fit to my symptoms.

But if it fits to your symptoms then yes: Go to see a good neurologist!!