• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vaccine vs exposure

TenuousGrip

Do you know if TD vaccines for adult are ok?

They all have at least some risk.

This is an incredibly difficult decision for many of us. I'm so sorry that you're wrestling with it.

Although my story certainly does not represent the typical patient .... I had a severe reaction to the DPT (Diphtheria Pertussis Tetanus) vaccine in about 2005. I wasn't feeling well but had to get the vaccine before I could travel to a wedding in Central America.

My physician told me that the vaccine should be fine. My low-grade fever and other symptoms shouldn't be an issue.

Within two days I came down with something called Brachial Plexus Neuritis -- a known adverse effect associated with the DPT vaccine. It was the worst pain I've ever felt in my life and it lasted for many months. It went untreated.

It isn't my intention to scare you or to shift your thinking in one direction or another. I just think it's important that people always remember that everything in medicine has risks.