1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Fable known as The PACE Trial
Graham, Janelle and Bob, have once again excelled themselves with their latest take on the 'poisoned apple' that was the PACE Trial...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vaccinating Adults for Whooping Cough

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by minkeygirl, Jul 16, 2014.

1. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    http://www.adultvaccination.com/who...n_adult_immunization.htm#sthash.0Fc0RG5k.dpuf

http://www.adultvaccination.com/whooping_cough_vaccine_pertussis_vaccination_adult_immunization.htm
  2. Christopher

Christopher Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    No thanks.
    WillowJ and ggingues like this.
  3. mermaid

mermaid Senior Member

Cornwall, UK
    I had a bad ME relapse from getting whooping cough in 2010. It wasn't even recognised or diagnosed by the Dr, but a friend suggested it to me, and having researched it on the net, I realised that is what I had.

Before I had it, I was able to work and was mildly affected. I haven't been able to get back to the point I was at since then, though I am still working on it.
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  4. catly

catly Senior Member

outside of NYC
    I recieved a Tdap vaccine in 2/2013 when I was still fully functional with only very mild symptoms. I began to spiral downward after it and still haven't bounced back to where I was pre vaccination. I just wanted a tetnus shot since I work with horses a lot and they told me you can't get just the tetnus part.
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  5. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    I was due for a Tetanus shot 6 years ago! I cannot get/find it without thimerosal, asked a few times. Oh well, that TMJ seems to be holding its' own. LOL

I used to get the flu shot before becoming ill, I don't bother with that anymore either!

GG
  6. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    I am also overdue for a tetanus booster. I had the whooping cough and diptheria with the last one.

When I asked my doctor for the tetanus, she said she did not do it. A nearby pharmacy said that they had it and gave me a multi-page form to fill out that asked for way too much personal information. The plan is the check with the Health Department next. I got a flu shot there once and do not recall much paperwork.

See more popular forum discussions.