Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vaccinating Adults for Whooping Cough

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by minkeygirl, Jul 16, 2014.

1. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    http://www.adultvaccination.com/who...n_adult_immunization.htm#sthash.0Fc0RG5k.dpuf

http://www.adultvaccination.com/whooping_cough_vaccine_pertussis_vaccination_adult_immunization.htm

2. Christopher

Christopher Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    No thanks.

WillowJ and *GG* like this.
  3. mermaid

mermaid Senior Member

Cornwall, UK
    I had a bad ME relapse from getting whooping cough in 2010. It wasn't even recognised or diagnosed by the Dr, but a friend suggested it to me, and having researched it on the net, I realised that is what I had.

Before I had it, I was able to work and was mildly affected. I haven't been able to get back to the point I was at since then, though I am still working on it.

Little Bluestem likes this.
  4. catly

catly Senior Member

outside of NYC
    I recieved a Tdap vaccine in 2/2013 when I was still fully functional with only very mild symptoms. I began to spiral downward after it and still haven't bounced back to where I was pre vaccination. I just wanted a tetnus shot since I work with horses a lot and they told me you can't get just the tetnus part.

Little Bluestem likes this.
  5. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    I was due for a Tetanus shot 6 years ago! I cannot get/find it without thimerosal, asked a few times. Oh well, that TMJ seems to be holding its' own. LOL

I used to get the flu shot before becoming ill, I don't bother with that anymore either!

GG

6. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois Prairie ❀❤✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿❤❀

Midwest, USA
    I am also overdue for a tetanus booster. I had the whooping cough and diptheria with the last one.

When I asked my doctor for the tetanus, she said she did not do it. A nearby pharmacy said that they had it and gave me a multi-page form to fill out that asked for way too much personal information. The plan is the check with the Health Department next. I got a flu shot there once and do not recall much paperwork.

See more popular forum discussions.