1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UTV Magazine: Michelle Cowan: Severe ME: 29 April 2014

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England

Simon and Sushi like this.
  2. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    What struck me about this news item was that we seldom really hear about the cognitive challenges many of us face - at least not in the way this item has presented them or in the way that Michelle was able to overcome much of them (she received an award for overcoming learning difficulties and something to do with using the computer).

ME is not recognised generally I don't believe as resulting in learning difficulties - but it bloody does as I can testify only too well. And I have also been fortunate in being slowly able over several years to build up my ability to read and to write again.

Also note that Michelle is now blind. I don't know if I am correct or not - but she wasn't blind before getting ME at the age of 15, 'out of the blue' as I think her Mum commented, though it wasn't clear if the blindness was a result of the ME.

I'll watch again tomorrow I think when I am more able. But it was a brilliant item I thought :)

Thanks to @Tom Kindlon for featuring it on Co-cure earlier today :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Simon likes this.
  3. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

B.C., Canada
    Does anyone know to what she attributes her remarkable recovery?

See more popular forum discussions.