• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Using PMS meds for chronic inflammation, swelling, mcad and pots?

xchocoholic

Hi All,

I'm confused. Again ...

I'm not sure where to put this since this med affects so many symptoms that could be from multiple
causes. Swelling is a common response in allergies / mast cells. Fluid retention is common in congestive heart failure because the heart's unable to move the blood properly so I thought POTs / orthostatic intolerance may apply. I have chronic disabling orthostatic intolerance. Being supine isn't an option.

I noticed that I was having more swelling, upper body not legs, lately and the antihistamines are only helping
a little. Ibuprophen helped a little too but never enough. Ibuprophen plus hydrocodone helps the pain but
doesn't decrease the swelling enough.

I was just going to try a diuretic but when googling these I ran into a common combo for premenstrual relief.
Seeing as how my swelling is in my upper body, I thought this might work. It's helping me feel better within an hour but I can't tell why. I'm noticing decreased muscle tension all over. And when I wake up the next
morning, I'm noticeably thinner in my upper body. It doesn't last past breakfast tho.

I'm NOT urinating more frequently which surprised me since diuretics are supposed to make our kidneys
flush water and sodium out of our cells.

Tylenol / acetaminophen has never helped my swelling and pain so I ruled that out.

I bought Diurex ( 50 mg pamabrom) yesterday and will try just that today. I'm eager to see if this makes me urinate more. The other med I took only had 25 mg of pamabrom.

I can't find pyrilamine anywhere in the US but several other countries have this. On the premenstrual
relief package it says this is a diuretic and antihistamine. Anyone know why ?

A pharmacist I spoke with yesterday didn't know why they're calling this a diuretic but he was new to pyrilamine too. He told me yesterday that they make a presciption combo of this + phenylephrine but it's very expensive.

Fwiw tho, this is an old H1 antihistamine and crosses the bbb. I feel a little off with this but not as much as Benadryl. The diuretic + pyrilamine combo appears to work better on my swelling from allergies than Benadryl.

I tried cvs premenstrual formula, 500 mg acetaminophen, 60 mg caffeine and 15 mg pyrilamine and it helped too. Obviously, I'm
having a positive response to something here but I'm not sure what to make of it. Also, the caffeine
in this med didn't make me jittery.

Got any ideas ? Has anyone tried these meds ? Or just diuretics ?

Thanks .. X

xchocoholic

I forgot to say that this combo is eliminating my chronic inflammation feeling. There was a post
here the other day where chronically inflammation was being discussed but I can't remember where now.

I'm currently re-treating for parasites and will re-treat for candida soon. These
are both likely causes too. Aaaagh ! Do they shoot pwcs ? ; )

Also, my diet is already very restictive due to multiple food intolerances so at this point I prefer taking
meds to treat this. I can't possibly keep up with the other allergens (mainly dust) in my life anyways.

Tc .. X

place

Be Strong!
What are u using for parasites? I'm having some inflammation issues to but I can't find the cause. I started taking anti viral supplements and within a week my knees are inflamed. But I also had other inflammation issues before av treatment.

xchocoholic

Albenza, pineapple and papaya so far. My dr ordered nutramedix samento and banderol but
I've been too sleepy to get those.

I "think" something in my smoothies was causing the swelling and inflamation. I stopped
drinking those and my swelling is down but not completely gone. Maybe they were too sweet ?
I have candida again. Heck if I know ...

I had to back off experimenting with these PMS meds. I'm lowering some of my sleep and seizure meds
first then I plan on trying mannitol / mannose since it's is both a diuretic and can help utis.

I saw your other thread. I'm not exactly sure how ic is different from other pelvic area pain but whatever I was eating that was causing my swelling was making my pelvic pain worse. My pain is typically linked to foods that are high in oxalates but
I was reacting to low ox foods. I haven't figured out why this happened yet.

Tc .. X