1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Useless Studies, Real Harm

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by charityfundraiser, Jul 30, 2011.

1. charityfundraiser

charityfundraiser Senior Member

2. liquid sky

liquid sky Senior Member

What will they think of next?

3. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    If these drugs are already FDA approved, why would medical doctors agree to be part of these marketing devices? Were they financially compensated?

4. liquid sky

liquid sky Senior Member

I believe it said they were paid for each patient they recruited into the "study".

5. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Then it's totally unethical!

6. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Gosh ! and I was on Neurontin (full epilesy dose) for quite a while. I see the devious tactics involved here but it certainly got me through the worst days and allowed sleep at last.

7. markmc20001

markmc20001 Guest

David Brooks, the editor for the New York Times is often on Politicial shows. He seems to be republican in the past and always seems very knowledgable about the republican viewpoints when on TV.

However, things have changed of late with David Brooks. He has allowed some pretty schathing artciles in the New York Times and even is quoted for his disappointment of the republicans.

I'm thinking he is realizing the consequences of the media on the public.

See more popular forum discussions.