• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Useless Studies, Real Harm

Nielk

If these drugs are already FDA approved, why would medical doctors agree to be part of these marketing devices? Were they financially compensated?

Enid

Gosh ! and I was on Neurontin (full epilesy dose) for quite a while. I see the devious tactics involved here but it certainly got me through the worst days and allowed sleep at last.

markmc20001

David Brooks, the editor for the New York Times is often on Politicial shows. He seems to be republican in the past and always seems very knowledgable about the republican viewpoints when on TV.

However, things have changed of late with David Brooks. He has allowed some pretty schathing artciles in the New York Times and even is quoted for his disappointment of the republicans.

David Brooks commentary on the GOP debt negotiations, kind of seems like David is not towing the party line.
"If the Republican Party were a normal party, it would take advantage of this amazing moment. It is being offered the deal of the century: trillions of dollars in spending cuts in exchange for a few hundred billion dollars of revenue increases.
A normal Republican Party would seize the opportunity to put a long-term limit on the growth of government. It would seize the opportunity to put the country on a sound fiscal footing. It would seize the opportunity to do these things without putting any real crimp in economic growth."

http://www.salon.com/news/debt_ceil...vatives_break_from_gop_on_debt_ceiling_debate

I'm thinking he is realizing the consequences of the media on the public.