• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Useful ergonomic laid back chair

Allyson

I just saw this on the web an thought it may e useful

Looks very comfortable and not too expensive

Useful ergonomic lay back chair that is very light and also portable holds a laptop in just ther right spot and u can attach lamp to it.

I have no links or affiliations with the product .... i just want one!

There is a good clear pic of it in the link.

http://www.earth360.com/chair.html

I hanyone has tried one I would be interested in hearing feedback thanks.

cheers

Ally

Daffodil

I just saw this thanks to your post. I really need something because after decades of sitting here slouched over at the PC, I now have severe disc bulge. ..but this chair is very expensive and is only for laptops. Looks amazing, though

I was thinking of getting a kneeling chair.?

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I also have a severe (or formerly severe) bulging disc and I find that my exercise ball makes an excellent computer chair.

Indigophoton

I just saw this thanks to your post. I really need something because after decades of sitting here slouched over at the PC, I now have severe disc bulge. ..but this chair is very expensive and is only for laptops. ?

He says in the video he is using a Lafuma chair - these are widely available for less than £150, and there are many equally good generic equivalents for £30 and up. The cheaper ones tend to be made out of steel rather than aluminium, so are heavier, but otherwise equivalent.

The arm, he says, is an Ergotron arm, approx £150, give or take. So he is using off the shelf components other than the mouse rest, which may not be needed for a laptop anyway. So you could make your own for much less than he's charging, and use the chair without the arm if you wanted to.

These so-called zero gravity chairs are very comfortable, I've got one I used to use before becoming bedbound. They also make good garden chairs :)

Daffodil

thanks @Little Bluestem @Indigophoton. the lafuma chair looks awesome..i did not know they had cheaper zero gravity chairs...the ones i found are thousands.

but i wanted a chair where i could sit / kneel at a desk. i was thinking of getting one where you could put an exercise ball in it...but i find i need to change positions a lot or things get bad.

i did order a Backcycler which is a pillow that inflates and deflates repeatedly so it keeps the lower back moving.

i do want some kind of kneeling chair that also changes into other positons. the best one for me (as a 5 ft person), after much research, seems like the Stance Move chair- you can sit, stand, or kneel. However, the price is beyond my reach at present, at $1000.

Second choice (or actually maybe first choice) is Varier Balans Thatsit chair.....you can use it to sit in 3 positions. But thats also very expensive and the knockoffs are horrible apparently. In Canada, they want $2000 for one! lol

I really like the idea of being able to sit with knees and chest at large angle to put less pressure on lower spine, but also having chest support so i wouldnt have to expend any energy at all. Most people would be ok with regular kneeling chairs but I realize my lack of energy right now would make me want to fall over rather than sit upright with shoulders back!

I have contacted a person on craigslist who is selling used ones..strangely for only $100..so will have to investigate. some of the cushions can be replaced so if they are genuine Varier/Stokke, that would be awesome.
xo