1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Use of PCR tests???

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by chloe, Sep 14, 2011.

1. chloe

chloe

California
    I noticed the physician I went to see did not use PCR tests to try to discern what viruses I might be
    infected with. Yes, sure, you can do a viral titers, but I believe that should be done in conjunction with
    a viral PCR test. So, have any of you experienced your doctors ordering PCR tests in trying to nail down
    exactly what virus they are trying to suppress??

And, if so, what LABORATORY are they using? For example Focus Laboratory in Cypress California has an
    excellent reputation in infectious disease, as does ARUP??

If your doctor uses PCR, do you know what laboratories is s/he using?

Thanks much!

Chloe
  2. undcvr

undcvr Senior Member

NYC
    I know that Quest Diagnostics does PCR DNA tests on EBV and CMV. Another lab that does is Bioreference Labs.

The one that is notoriously difficult to get a PCR done for is HHV6.

See more popular forum discussions.