• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

[US only]Vote for Bathrobe Heroines

Jennifer J

Well, maybe ignore what I wrote above! o_O

I checked the results after voting ended and checked it some time much later than that. Both times we were in 4th.

Just checked it again now (and will again when I wake up in the afternoon) and guess what we are in 3rd!!!

I want to say yay, yet I think I'll wait to see what it says later today.

Yay, anyways! Bathrobe Heroines are in 3rd place right now! :thumbsup: :) Please may they stay in the top three.

Hajnalka

Meet the Winners!

Congratulations to the 2017 Chicago Voices Community Created Performances winners. Get to know more about this year's finalists and follow along here as they create and develop their original music theater work for the stage!

Blu Rhythm Collective
Kuumba Lynx

YOLO Boomers
https://chicagovoices.lyricopera.org/Vote

:cry: Bummer, was so sure that we would make it ("we" like in sports talk, I couldn't vote ;)). But thank you to everybody who voted for the Bathrobe Heroines!

Last edited:

*GG*

https://chicagovoices.lyricopera.org/Vote

:cry: Bummer, was so sure that we would make it ("we" like in sports talk, I couldn't vote ;)). But thank you to everybody who voted for the Bathrobe Heroines!

Yeah, sucks that we did not win. I think people need to think outside the box, and just use a USA zip code next time. Doubt they would be any the wiser, especially if you use a common email service, Like Yahoo.

GG

Jennifer J

Yeah, sucks that we did not win.

Yeah, I was surprised, really bummed and disappointed. :( I can imagine how the ladies felt. I'm thinking of writing a nice letter to Chicago Voices. I don't understand how we could have lost when we were in 1st place everyday until the last two days. Unless it was that close the whole time. Still.

Also, wanted to see if somehow they could find a way to do something for a showing of Bathrobe Heroines.

I can't locate it now. It's pretty cool that $10,000 was going to each to produce it as well as receiving the help of talented professionals.

I think people need to think outside the box, and just use a USA zip code next time. Doubt they would be any the wiser, especially if you use a common email service, Like Yahoo.

I'd be concerned about that and it ending up getting us disqualified. I don't know much about the ins and outs of computer internet things or the correct language. I'm pretty sure the moderators here can tell which country people are from by the ?IP address. I'm afraid any contest would be able to do the same, not by the email address but by you logging onto their site to vote. (Since it does know when it hasn't been 24 hours since we last voted, not sure what else is set up to know...)

Again, I'm not sure, I don't know how all this works. Just would hate to have our contestant disqualified.

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Curious, does anyone know the ladies in the picture for Bathrobe Heroines?

I want to contact them.

I have another idea for them to have their story told. :bulb: :thumbsup:

This one wouldn't cost any money and if they were accepted it would be heard on a radio program that over a million people listen to. Also, downloaded and read by even more.

I will start a thread about this idea some point hopefully soon-ish to see if other PR members might want to do this. First I'd like to run it by the Bathrobe Heroine ladies.

Last edited:

*GG*

I'd be concerned about that and it ending up getting us disqualified. I don't know much about the ins and outs of computer internet things or the correct language. I'm pretty sure the moderators here can tell which country people are from by the ?IP address. I'm afraid any contest would be able to do the same, not by the email address but by you logging onto their site to vote.

Again, I'm not sure, I don't know how all this works. Just would hate to have our contestant disqualified.

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Curious, does anyone know the ladies in the picture for Bathrobe Heroines?

I want to contact them.

I have another idea for them to have their story told. :bulb: :thumbsup:

This one wouldn't cost any money and if they were accepted it would be heard on a radio program that over a million people listen to. Also, downloaded and read by even more.

I will start a thread about this idea some point hopefully soon-ish to see if other PR members might want to do this. First I'd like to run it by the Bathrobe Heroine ladies.

I understand about being disqualified, but it is not like the people in the contest should be held responsible for other people actions, although that still could happen. Not sure what the Contest rules were besides the obvious.

The other drawback to voting when you are not "qualified" is that we might think we are in contention, but then they determine lots of bad votes. So we think we are in contention but really are not :(

Just hate it when we are in these contests, and lots of people cannot vote for one reason or another, there are only a tiny number of us who do these things, but hopefully our numbers are growing!

GG