1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

(US) Contact Your Federal Legislator and Make Your Voice Heard about Specialty Tiers!

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by ggingues, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Advocacy Call to Action:
    A number of health insurance companies throughout

the country are adopting a new specialty tier pricing system for expensive drugs, requiring patients to pay much more for life-saving and disease-stabilizing medications. Insurers are abandoning the traditional arrangement where patients pay a fixed co-pay amount and instead charging patients a percentage of the cost of certain high-priced drugs, usually 25 to 33 percent, which can amount to thousands of dollars a month for vital medications.

The Patients' Access to Treatments Act of 2012 (H.R. 4209) was introduced in March by US House of Representatives David McKinley (R-WV) and Lois Capps (D-CA) to address this important issue. H.R. 4209 requires health insurers to place specialty drugs within the same classification as Tier III non-preferred drugs. It would allow people living with serious devastating health conditions to continue to have access to the critical treatments which they need in order to live active and productive lives.

Click here to find your House Representative

http://www.house.gov/representative...ril_2012_FM_CP_Advocate_Copy&utm_medium=email

Read the complete article and available template letter.

http://fmcpaware.org/specialty-tier...ril_2012_FM_CP_Advocate_Copy&utm_medium=email

See more popular forum discussions.