1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
First Direct Evidence of Neuroinflammation - 'Encephalitis' - in ME/CFS
A small study with just nine patients has captured the attention of patients and researchers alike after reporting direct evidence of inflammation in the brain of ME/CFS patients. The finding was one of the highlights picked out by Professor Anthony Komaroff in his IACFS/ME...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

US Appeals, Ninth Circuit Appeals: CFS disability benefits decision (not important)

Discussion in 'Finances, Work, and Disability' started by Esther12, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Deleted at the request of the PWC involved.
  2. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    Esther,

Thanks for posting this. It is very upsetting. It reminds me of what my LTD wrote about me when I was forced to apply for disability.

I don't understand the (not important) written at the top of the post. Did you write that or did they?
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

That was me.

I wanted to indicate that it was just one example, rather than an especially important decision that we should all be aware of.

At least the final decision was in favour of the PWC. Keep appealing!!
  4. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    Thanks for clarifying that Esther. :)
  5. shiso

shiso Senior Member

Yay for the PWC who won!

Reading this made me want to write a dissenting letter to the dissenting judge. That he actually felt the need to publish a dissent that would have upheld the denial of benefits to this disabled person, based on reasoning reflecting zero knowledge of the reality of diagnostic and treatment options available to ME/CFS patients by the traditional medical establishment, really irked me. I know it's not common knowledge to a healthy judge in a prestigious court, but that's probably why it irked me even more.

See more popular forum discussions.