1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Time Change Equals Jet Lag, ME/CFS Style
Jody Smith marvels at how much difference one hour can make to those with ME/CFS, as much of the world has endured The Time Change in recent weeks ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Urine therapy

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Flower1978, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Flower1978

Flower1978

Hello, i was wondering if anyone here has tried Urine Therapy for ME/CFS?
  2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Excuse my french but what the hell is that?
    vamah likes this.
  3. Flower1978

Flower1978

It is drinking your own pee in the
    morning. Sounds a bit strange but it can have a lot of benefits so i read on the internet. I cannot get a link in this thread, i'm sorry. Maybe you can google it, 'urine therapy CFS'
  4. wdb

wdb Admin

London
  5. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Well, pre-ME, I used to do it when it was clear I was coming down with a flu or something, especially if I was in a spot where I had no access to other solutions. It's super gross, but I have to admit it works.

But I decided that's only the case for people who are otherwise generally well--being in a prolonged illness state, I don't think
    it it's a good idea.

Now you all think I'm insane!
    maryb, minkeygirl and Sushi like this.
  6. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    I have heard of drinking your own urine but not as a treatment for any disease and especially not ME/CFS.

Be my guest!
  7. Flower1978

Flower1978

I did it the last 4 days and i can say i sleep a bit better. Have dreams in the night, that i normally don't have or cant remember. I just have to wait and see. Tried alot in my career ;-)
    I am not on meds or supplements right now, but do smoke and have 2 glasses of alcohol every day, that isn't doing good for urine therapy. But i thought i give it a try.
    It is maybe weird, but not so bad to drink.
    Beyond likes this.
  8. k-AUS

k-AUS

australia
    ... drinking your own pee, maybe Bear Grills can give us a heads up on that one - every time I watched those doco's thats what he seemed to get up to.:lol:
    Beyond likes this.
  9. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @Flower1978
    A friend of ours tried this when he was diagnosed with cancer - don't think it helped him.
    Alcohol?? so you're one of the lucky ones - many MEers can't tolerate any alcohol.
  10. Flower1978

Flower1978

I don't know if i have ME. I have energy problems, motivation/depressed problems. What is cannot tolerate? I mostly feel bad all day with or without the alcohol.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  11. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Yes, a few members of my local ME support group tried this in the late 80's but it had no benefits for them. Yes, we really were that desperate then.
    cigana likes this.
  12. Flower1978

Flower1978

Thanks for the info. I just give it a try at the moment.
  13. Flower1978

Flower1978

Do you know if that people were using medication at that time?
  14. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    There were few medications for ME then. Before they started on the urine therapy some members of the group had tried Nystatin for candida but most had given up by the time they tried the urine. Some may have been taking supplements of various types though.
  15. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

It just seems like a bad idea, since urine is a solution of bodily waste. It's the primary way your body gets rid of stuff.
    Valentijn likes this.
  16. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    That's okay you don't have to drink it, Irene :)

However just for fun, here is a different picture of what the urine is:
    SickOfSickness, maryb and Flower1978 like this.
  17. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

being from india, my dad's friend has done this his entire life. i think urine therapy is from there
  18. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Oh, this reminds me of back when I could leave my house :cry: and I was in the ocean a lot.
    I got stung really painfully by a bunch of wicked jellyfish and applying urine totally neutralized the pain.
  19. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    The Shoman in Central America use it for many things including snake bites, but most snake bite victims die, if they were bitten by a poisonous snake, because they can't get to the hospital in time to get anti-venom

See more popular forum discussions.