1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Leptin
Andrew Gladman reflects upon the recent IACFS/ME conference and the buzz surrounding a small molecule, leptin.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Urine sulfites low but sulfates high. Why?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by musicchick581, May 18, 2014.

1. musicchick581

musicchick581 Senior Member

Hi all. I tested sulfites a few times and each time they register at 0 on the urine strips. I find that confusing because my urine sulfates consistently register > 800 and even occasionally at >1200 . I took NAC for years and glucosamine, MSM and chondroitin for a year. But I stopped them last year and NAC I stopped months ago. I've been eating low thiol for about a month or more. Any ideas what causes sulfites to be normal but not sulfates?
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    @musicchick581 - The strips are intended for industrial use, and might not be accurate at all in urine.
  3. musicchick581

musicchick581 Senior Member

Ok, that makes sense. So how would I go about testing my sulfites? Are the sulfate strips designed for urine and accurate?
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    As far as I know, there aren't any designed for medical use. All industrial.

See more popular forum discussions.