1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Urine-Based XMRV testing?

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Daffodil, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Berthe

Berthe Senior Member

near Antwerp
    :D
    What if my Fanta test positive?

Berthe

2. Otis

Otis SeƱor Mumbler

USA
    Then it's a saliva test too. :)

3. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    ROFLMTOOOOO!

Who knew pee could be so much fun!

4. julius

julius Watchoo lookin' at?

Canada
    Ashley MacIsaac.;)

That's one for the Canadians.
    (viewer discretion advised)

5. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
  6. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    Prostate Cancer gets all the good stuff first. (pout)

From
    So I don't know about this company but it's definitely doable! When I search the Ambion Inc. web site they don't have anything specific for XMRV just the Urine RNA separation kit. Either way whoever patents that puppy first is going to have a nice big dog to take to the bank!

7. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Rich Van K posted on another thread some notes that Dr Cheney had taken during the recent NIH conference. The whole of it is quite interesting, but in terms of this thread, I'll just point out this tidbit:
    "Tissue macrophage reservoirs would be analogous with HIV as well. It would seem that bronchial secretions, nasal secretions and sex organ secretions as well as feces and urine are well positioned to help the virus to spread itself to other macaques, especially if activated."
    This would indicate that the virus would be detectable in these substances; perhaps more so that blood, since earlier in the notes he mentions that the virus is almost immediately cleared from the blood and stored in almost all organs fo the body (in macaques.) It's quite possible blood is the most difficult way to find this family of viruses.
    For those who have not read these notes in their entirety, here's the link:
    http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/sh...e-XMRV-workshop&highlight=rich cheney macaque

See more popular forum discussions.