1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

URGENT reminder to UK residents: 12th July deadline

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Jun 30, 2010.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    Unless you write to your GP surgery by 12 July your records will be added on automatically to the new central health records database.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Thank you. I need to do this.

I was planning to leave it, but the mroe I've read about it, the more problematic it seems. Especially if you've got something like CFS.
  3. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    Esther, sorry about this but I've just learned that the deadline is different in different areas in the UK (mine is 12 July, I'm in south London...). Some areas do not even have one! In some it was a month ago.

apparently if you write AFTER your records have been put on database, they will leave them there but will make them 'hidden'. I haven't a faintest what that could mean...
  4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Thanks for the update. I've just printed out the form to opt-out, and thought I'd check back here for the deadline. I'll have to ring my GP on Monday to find out if I'm in time.

Ta.

See more popular forum discussions.