• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

URGENT reminder to UK residents: 12th July deadline

natasa778

Unless you write to your GP surgery by 12 July your records will be added on automatically to the new central health records database.

Esther12

Thank you. I need to do this.

I was planning to leave it, but the mroe I've read about it, the more problematic it seems. Especially if you've got something like CFS.

natasa778

Esther, sorry about this but I've just learned that the deadline is different in different areas in the UK (mine is 12 July, I'm in south London...). Some areas do not even have one! In some it was a month ago.

apparently if you write AFTER your records have been put on database, they will leave them there but will make them 'hidden'. I haven't a faintest what that could mean...

Esther12

Esther, sorry about this but I've just learned that the deadline is different in different areas in the UK (mine is 12 July, I'm in south London...). Some areas do not even have one! In some it was a month ago.

apparently if you write AFTER your records have been put on database, they will leave them there but will make them 'hidden'. I haven't a faintest what that could mean...

Thanks for the update. I've just printed out the form to opt-out, and thought I'd check back here for the deadline. I'll have to ring my GP on Monday to find out if I'm in time.

Ta.