The Call for Opposition: Challenging the P2P and IOM Processes
In our second article on how to react to the publication of the draft P2P report, Gabby Klein provides her view of why she and a large group of advocates and patients are continuing their protest of the government’s ongoing control and manipulation of our disease via their processes...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

URGENT: Dierdre Needs A Miracle

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by dannybex, Oct 1, 2012.

1. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    I'm not sure where to post this, and I don't know this person, but someone posted it on Facebook, and their situation looks so dire. I hope you'll check out the short video, and make a donation if you can...

CJB likes this.
  2. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Thanks Dannybex for alerting us to Dierdre's plight. It reminds me of a lady in the UK - Gillian Macarthy who we tried, but failed to get help for through htis site and other means.

I have donated a small amount to help them build the shelter for Dierdre - even though i am on benefits.
    I am lucky that i have a safe home to live in and my health is not compromised in such an etreme way. I do hope that others here offer their support too.
    Perhaps members of other forums could repost the link there?

Justy x

CJB likes this.
  3. CJB

CJB Senior Member

Oregon
    bump

4. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Thanks Justy and CJB -- I'm on SSI benefits too, so couldn't donate much at all, but any amount will help. Also, perhaps someone might know someone else who may have the means to help in a more substantial way. Seems like they're about a month away from just giving up completely...which of course would be tragic.

Here's a direct link to their fundraising page with a summary of her story:

http://www.indiegogo.com/We-Need-A-Miracle

5. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Thanks CJB for bumping this thread - i do hope that someone may know of people who could really help. I wonder what they will do if they dont meet their target? Such a tragic situation.

Justy

6. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Bumping again so they aren't forgotten...

7. CJB

CJB Senior Member

Oregon
    I'm encouraged. Their total is growing. I hope everyone will at least send them a note of encouragement.

See more popular forum discussions.