• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Upper abdomnial pain

Hello

I have me/cfs already since 3 years. Since 3 months my upper abdomnial is hurting a lot...now i am really scared of cancer...or had that somebody else?

Thanks a lot for your help

Shoshana

Northern USA
I am sorry for your pain and sickness. Do you have any lump you can feel? Or redness or swelling?

Does it hurt constantly, all of the time, or just some times of day?

Can You be checked by a doctor, for the pain?

Also, have you tried digestion aids, such as antacids or probiotics ?
And how are your foods? Healthy ones?

Does it hurt more after eating specific foods, or when hungry, before eating, .... or right after eating?

Last edited:

Shoshana

Northern USA
@Chugi

You really should go to a doctor to be checked for the pain.

If you are out of breath, trouble breathing, or more pain, after exercise or exertion, or the pain starts while you are doing something, then could be heart-related. Or lungs.

If pain is worse with empty stomach, then could be ulcers.

Too many possibles, we cannot guess.

I hope you will see a doctor and find out.

Might just be muscles or me/cfs pain, but we cannot tell you if it is serious or not, and we don't know if it is easily treatable , like stomach ulcers hurt a lot and are treatable .