Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Updating early onset ME/CFS list

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Denise, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Denise

Denise Senior Member

I am again updating the early onset ME/CFS list.

Please spread the word

If you came down with ME/CFS before age 23, contact speakupaboutme@gmail.com.

Provide
    name (let me know if I should only use your first name or a nickname that you provide),
    age at onset,
    age at diagnosis,
    current age,
    location (country is sufficient).

(Note - In providing this information, you grant permission for me to use this list as I see fit. Example showing the CDC, NIH, DHHS, CFSAC, media, etc. how many patients with early onset ME/CFS there are.)

2. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Done. Thank you, Denise.

3. Denise

Denise Senior Member

Thank you Merry.

4. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    Hi... can we add family members to this list if they are without diagnoses still due to ignorant doctors?

I have a cousin on disability who was 17 years when she got this illness and she has all the same symptoms as I do, but hasnt got an actual name for her illness as her doctors dont believe in ME/CFS and she's taken her doctors stance and hence thinks ME/CFS psychological illness, so thinks she cant have it either as they believe her illness whatever it is, is "real".

There's probably many out there in which it is known that they have this illness and completely disabled by it but they are remaining undiagnosed, due to their trust in doctors who dont have a clue about our illness.

Maybe this age group is less likely to get a diagnoses due to their age of which the illness occurs.

See more popular forum discussions.