• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Update on my Thorne V multi experiment/disaster

juniemarie

Stopped the Thorne V, got back on Yasko NHF multi and within 2 days my depression lifted and my energy has stared to come back.....Dont know what is in the Yasko that my body needs but that was an eye opener as to how much good just 2 NHF a day has done for me. Wish I understood more about what it all means and which ingredient in the Yasko is helping me so much. Anyway glad is over
Rich if you have any ideas I am curious to learn more

richvank

Hi, juniemarie.

I'm sorry that the Thorne Basic Nutrients V did not work out well for you.
I do appreciate your willingness to give them a try.

I don't know why you experienced depression on the Thorne formula.

Having depression suggests that there were changes in the levels of one or more of your neurotransmitters.

There are several additional nutrients in the Neuro Health formula compared to the Thorne product, so that lack of one or more of these could be the cause.

Vitamins B2 and B6 are involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters, but the dosages of these are similar in the two. B2 and methylation (affected by methionine and TMG, which are in the Neuro Health formula but not in the Thorne) are involved in breaking them down. Copper, which is in the Thorne formula, is involved in conversion of dopamine to norepinephrine.

So I can't say for sure what caused this.

Again, thank you, and I'm sorry that it wasn't an improvement.

Best regards,

Rich

juniemarie

Well now I am very much improved! Thanks for your thoughts Rich.......after a while since I still have some Thorne left I may add 1 or 2 of the Thorne just to see what happens....I too think it was so much a reaction to the Thorne but a reaction to being without the Yasko......I have also considered going up to 3 NHF a day since my body seems to like them so much