1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Update on CFI (Chronic Fatigue Initiative)/Lipkin patient samples from Nancy Klimas

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by oceanblue, Jan 21, 2012.

1. oceanblue

oceanblue Senior Member

UK
    I think there's a lot of confusion about how the patient samples being collected for the Lipkin XMRV study relate to the similar set of samples being collected by the CFI and which will be used by Lipkin and colleagues for pathogen discovery. This comment posted by Nancy Klimas on 16 Jan on the Research1st website might help clarify things:

WillowJ likes this.
  2. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Of interest here may be Ian Lipkin's comments on these cohorts. He's been quoted concerning the Lipkin/Hornig study:

Amy Dockser Marcus quotes him concerning the XMRV study:

ixchelkali, WillowJ and oceanblue like this.
  3. Desdinova

Desdinova Senior Member

USA
    Everyones viewpoints? Now do we know who 100% is having their viewpoints included? Do we know for a fact that it isn't anyone besides the key researchers? Or has (someone or some individuals from) the NIH or CDC had a say in things?

4. Ember

Ember Senior Member

In any case, it seems clear to me from Ian Lipkin's comments that they're using the CCC (with or without Fukuda) and adding in signs of infection at onset in the case of the XMRV study. That seems to be the end result of including everyone's viewpoints, and it's the end result that ultimately matters to us.

See more popular forum discussions.