• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Update on Alex3619: in hospital but doing well

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I just spoke to Alex by phone. He wants you all to know that although he broke his leg and is in the hospital, he came through surgery "with flying colors", he said, and actually feels quite well now.

But he's having difficulty using the crutches and they don't want to send him home since he lives alone and they're concerned he might not be able to get in and out of his apartment and such mobility concerns.

So he'll continue to be away from the internet for some days, or a week or something. But he is ok.

Lynne B

Alex, I'm really sorry to hear you've broken your leg. That's no fun. Hope they look after you in hospital and maybe in rehab. if you need that. Looking forward to your contributions when you're next on air.

Cheers, Lynne

ukxmrv

Poor Alex, a broken leg and surgury can really knock people back. Hope that he has someone to look after him when he comes out of hospital though.

Please pass on my wishes for a speedy recovery! Will miss his contributions here.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
What?! Alex, you're in the hospital! I am so sorry. I do hope they take really good care of you. Rest, well a bit of an oxymoron with hospitals, but let's hope.

We miss you--take care!

Sushi

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I just hope Alex can handle the withdrawals??
He doesnt have an Iphone or an Ipad to get his fix of internet time, i wonder if they sell internet patches to ease his cravings? They dont have wireless at the hospital either so couldnt use an ipad anyway. He will have to go old school and read books and newspapers.

Im sure he would appreciate the well wishes, im working the next few days but will go and visit if he's still there monday, maybe sneak in there if im working up that way and show him this thread on my phone.
Hopefully Alex is enjoying the sponge baths and not missing the internet as much and not in much pain.:thumbsup:

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
So sorry Alex that you have broken your leg - must have been nasty to require surgery.
Wishing you a speedy and easy recovery.
:hug: Justy x

snowathlete

Alex, I'm so sorry to hear this. Pleased the surgery was ok, and hope and pray for a good recovery. Thinking of you and look forward to when you're back!