1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Update and warning about methylation treatment

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Mindy, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Mindy

Mindy

@UM MAN - How long did you have the chemical sensitivites, and how were you able to figure out what you were low in to correct it? I met with a nutritionists this week that understands methylation, and we identified several deficienies (Vit D, magnesium, zinc, fats, copper, thyroid a little low and several neurotransmitters. Also have h. pylori and HHV6.

When I take a full mag. cap, my body doesn't like it; same reaction I get if I try to take any medication right now. So my choices are limited. I'm wondering how do I get out of this chemical sensitivity? I met with my other functional med dr. in 5 wks. We're waiting on the NutraEval results, but I feel this is a long time to go on like this. I'm sticking to the failsafe diet for now. Thanks for your insight.

2. saint

saint Senior Member

I was reading through what you said & I recall talking to a nurse at my drs. office who was put on synthroid. She said she wished she had gone on the Armour, because I think she said you can never get off synthroid.

My fibro doc has me on natural thyroid from ITC pharmacy in CO.

3. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Senior Member

Western Nebraska
    It is absurd to say a person can never get off Synthroid. Now a person may need to be on thyroid supplementation for life, but it is certainly possible, and most probably beneficial, for a person to switch to Armour or Naturethroid.

Helen likes this.
  4. saint

saint Senior Member

Just repeating what the doctor's nurse said to 'me' - I have no medical training, so I don't know.

5. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Senior Member

Western Nebraska
    Yes, you were clear that it was what the nurse said, I didn't mean to imply it was your absurd statement. What an uninformed statement for a health professional to make.

6. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I was on synthroid for over 30 years. Started on thyroid glandular, but then synthroid was available and so it was. I was also, in retrospect, hypothyroid all those years. The reason I chose the GP I did when I collapsed w/ ME/CFS 11 years ago, was because he was the one willing to switch me to another form. I tried natural thyroid, and different combinations of T3/4, My reverse T3 was always a problem. Finally I came across Dr. John Lowe's work and switched to T3 alone, which has been a huge and wonderful change for me.

But here's the good news: During the year I've been on Freddd's Protocol, I've reduced my T3 from 60mcg to 30mcg. I don't bother at all with testing any more, and I noticed my doctor didn't even suggest it this week. John Lowe was very clear that treating it by tests, especially TSH, will generally not work. He was the first to help me break away from the whole notion of testing. I manage my situation by symptoms and self-testing body for supps and what to do next. This is how I've healed over the past 2 years.:)

7. saint

saint Senior Member

Sorry - don't want to pass on any incorrect info - Lord knows I've waded through a ton of it. Don't know anything about thyroid meds - but fibro doc put me on the natural thyroid. That & the natural adrenal support at 'least' helped me to become "semi-functioning". Hope you can wade through the morass to find your answers. To quote Dr. Teitelbaum again: "...people who have been through it know the holy hell of it..."

8. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    I just saw my endo last week and he did tests again. He said that he wouldn't change anything, according to the lab results. I guess that means he's happy with how it's converting. But I'm wondering...

My morning body temp is 97.2-97.4 pretty regularly on 50 mcg of synthroid. It's up from 96.4 before I started taking it. So, overall I'm feeling better...(actually MUCH better now that I'm also on 6 mg prednisone and 25-50 mg DHEA)...but I know I feel better when my morning temps are around 97.6 or higher. Last year I was put on BHRT for a couple of months, and while overall it was a bad experience, my temps were averaging 97.7 (and they dropped again when I stopped it.)

Another interesting data point is that my TSH has gone up from 0.8 to 1.8 in the last few months with no change in my dosages (except adding the DHEA). I know that both those numbers are in the normal range, but I wonder if we will see the trend continue.

As far as it goes, I'm happy to be on synthroid and prednisone and DHEA the rest of my life. If there's some way to get my parts to function as they should, I'd be willing to try it. But I feel like I've come back from the dead. (And much of it is thanks to my friends here at PR! Thank you!)

9. vortex

vortex

Mindy, thank you for the warning, but I am confused.

You never said what you were taking that you were warning us about ?

I read this whole thread but you only mentioned you were taking "methyl supplments"

Can you tell me what you were taking and how much ?

thanks !

See more popular forum discussions.