1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California Conference Season 2014: Stanford Presents - Advances in Clinical Care and Translation...
The 2014 conference season began yesterday at Stanford, home of Dr. Jose Montoya and his team, and searcher was there to provide a live commentary on the presentations from an all-star line-up of clinicians and scientists and which featured some exciting new developments on the...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Unusual Foods, Amines, Histamine, Oxalate, Salicylates, SCD, GFCF Diet info

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by stasik, Sep 6, 2013.

1. stasik

stasik

Toronto
    Hello folks.

I have pretty bad food intolerances and have tried many different wonderful ideas which unfortunately did not help me, but maybe this can help you.

I am attaching the info I collected on
    1) Unusual foods you may not have thought of (highlighted in yellow). This was most helpful to me, unfortunately it didn't help me for too long. Some examples are Teff, Millet, Buckwheat, Sorghum for carbs. I bet there is at least one of these you haven't tried!!!
    2) Sheet that shows summary of oxalates, salicylates and SCD (specific carbohydrate diet) and GFCF (gluten free, casein free diet)
    3) Various notes on histamine in foods
    4) Pics that show an alternative presentation of different amine contents.
    5) Also a study on amines in foods

Also, try searching for "botanical list of food families" on google https://www.google.ca/search?q=botanical list of food families to see troubleshoot problems, or see what else you can eat in the same family

I really hope this helps someone

By the way, the tables I have in excel, but I cannot upload it for some reason

Attached Files:

2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    I'd suggest sticking with the list of food oxalates used by the tryinglowoxalate
    yahoo board. They're the group keeping up with these values.

fwiw, the Paleo or wahls diet seem to be the ones many people with food
    intolerances do well with. Rotation is still important but I've found i could add
    back in many foods i couldn't eat at all when i first started this regime.
  3. stasik

stasik

Toronto
    thanks, here is the link to their website btw http://www.lowoxalate.info/ and the yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Trying_Low_Oxalates/info

I think the chart I shared is actually from that website. I collected this info a while ago, so I didn't have sources. Except that I took their PDF and made an excel file to work from. Then, when I couldn't upload it here, I turned into PDF again. What a quagmire. Anyway check out their "Food lists and recipes" page for the list.

I don't know about Wahls diet, looks just like GFCF. I personally was on a low carb diet when all this started for me, and was on a gluten free diet for 2 years before that. I think a lot of people also feel worse after low carb diets. I personally have been on it for 2 years with periodic re-feeds. At first it was good, but then I felt much much worse, and it turned out that I am intolerant of fish, chicken, nuts/seeds and oils.
    I don't want my own personal experience to influence someone too much (it is a single data point, and people shouldn't put too much faith into anecdotal evidence). However, I would caution anyone to do your research first, and make sure you have a balanced diet - like you say, rotation is important.

See more popular forum discussions.