• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

unrest

Hi everyone

I am looking at showing unrest in my local community in January, I was hoping to show it earlier but wasnt sure where I was going to screen it. I have a local community space who I spoke to where I also volunteer but because of breing busy with run upto xmas they didnt give a yes or no. I then spoke to someone who set up the community space over the last 2 years who worked around the corner from me as they have a screening room and are a local charity for helping people with social isolation and mental health. After a few weeks I got a message to say they would let me show it there free but couldnt cover costs of film for screening. I had been to a charity healthwatch a few doors away to talk to them about problems with hospital treatment and they offered to cover the costs for the film. When I see them later the same day the manager said he will cover it as long as the film isnt biased against the NHS.

I have sent him a number of links about an ME charity as he didnt believe that it is a real condition and that was what got me talking to him about the film and after I gave my views he must of changed his mind as it was then he mentioned the funding. I also sent him links about unrest and other stuff such as info on psychiatrists with cbt and graded exercise, recent research and a link from healthwatch kirklees that someone else put on here to show there experience with drs. I also sent a link to show the film had been shown in the houses of parliament. This was video from another branch of healthwatch that I sent showed by someone else on here.

I have just found out that healthwatch Brent are going to fund it and CVS Brent who help people who are isolated are letting me use the room for free. All I need to do now is get a speaker to attend and healthwatch are going to look around for me nd help me with that but if there is anyone in London are (Wembley Pk) who can help me please let me know. The film will probably be shown around end of January which isn't long once we get xmas and the new year out the way. x