Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Unrest screening in the UK

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by Graham, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Graham

Graham Senior Moment

Sussex, UK
    The film Unrest will be screened in the UK in various places, but so far I only know of ones in London, Nottingham, Halifax, Newcastle and Crowborough. Nice to see Crowborough punching above its weight. The Unrest page lists most of them here (see.unrest.film/showtimes/) with links. For details of the Crowborough screening go to meetup.org.uk and follow the link.

Crowborough, not only has a new, easy-access building, but has plenty of free parking. What more could you ask?

packhorse5, JaimeS, MEMum and 17 others like this.
  2. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Also saw this one (I'm a fan of ME foggy dog :dog:):

I guess you all know, but just to make sure, the list on the website gets updatet all the time, so that's just the beginning. I'm in 2 Unrest groups and many more volunteers worldwide are planning screenings. :)

JaimeS, justy, MEMum and 8 others like this.
  3. Graham

Graham Senior Moment

Sussex, UK
    if you want to check out Unrest
    And clearly you want just the best
    Crowborough's the place
    It's got so much space
    Why bother with all of the rest?

(Well, maybe travelling distance may me a factor!);)

Binkie4, JaimeS, justy and 11 others like this.
  4. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Was this a Freudian slip or intentionally? :) (distance being especially a factor with ME)

5. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Off topic, but it fits to the prior post. This really made me smile tonight in a very heated discussion on another thread, that is now closed so I couldn't share my joy. One letter changed the meaning considerably. :)
    (I guess it meant "by".)
    Sorry, I'll not longer derail this thread.

6. Graham

Graham Senior Moment

Sussex, UK
    Joh, without humour, our lives are mere shadows! Yes it was a slip, but I don't blame Freud for it.

lior, JaimeS, MEMum and 4 others like this.
  7. Vasia

Vasia

Thanks for letting anyone know Graham..plan to see the film on the 20th or 27th October at the Picturehouse in London, if anyone is around and would like to meet before the screening send me a pm, really looking forward to seeing this film :)

Invisible Woman and merylg like this.
  8. Yogi

Yogi Senior Member

Great to see this complete. Well done on Jennifer Brea and everyone who helped make this happen.

So much else going that I have not kept upto date with the film.

One major niggle I have is this. It is on the main page of the website for Time for Unrest an is very prominent.

https://www.unrest.film

I don't understand why this is written. Did the doctor say that and what does that mean?

I have seen others like Julie Rehmeyer who claim that ME is not psychological say that ME is 'not in the head' .

It is most likely in the head. ME is neurological and that is in the head.

What they should say 'is in the mind' if they are saying it is not psychological. I just think it confuses the viewer and reduces the impact of the message.

Don't want to nit-pick but it has always annoyed me the head/mind confusion.

Is is just me or does anyone else think it is a bit odd denying or challenging that ME is not in the head?????

lior and Starlight like this.
  9. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Hi @Yogi, English is not my first language, so I guess I'm the worst choice to answer this. :) I thought "it's all in the head" is an English phrase that means it's imagined? That it's not a psychological disease and not an organic disease, just a little too much listening to your body, a little hysteria, a little exaggeration, because you're bored, a woman, stressed or anxious. From my understanding to say it's not in the head doesn't mean it's not neurological, just that it's not imagined and that there is an organic basis. I'm sure someone else with better English skills can explain it better.
    [​IMG]

lior, JaimeS, Luther Blissett and 9 others like this.
  10. Graham

Graham Senior Moment

Sussex, UK
    @Joh , your explanation is wonderful. Your command of your second language is a lot better than many folk's command of their main language. "All in your head" when I was a kid in the UK always meant that I was imagining things.

11. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Just read this in another group. Unrest is looking for volunteers at UK screenings.

JaimeS, ahimsa, Molly98 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Hell...Hath...No...Fury.. Senior Member

UK
    Our ME group isn't getting to see Unrest at the cinema anymore. We've been waiting to buy tickets for the last few weeks, and the website just said TBC.

We've since found out that its sold out! So we can't go. Apparently people rang in and bought the tickets even though it said they weren't for sale yet.

We're not happy about it. There is a second showing the following day.... But its only available to people who bring a baby with them aged under 2! :mad: :bang-head: So we can't go to that one either.

I donated a decent amount to the making of the film 5-6 years ago and i'm not gonna get to see the thing on the big screen. Just pre-ordered it on itunes, costing 4 times the amount that the cinema ticket would have cost :( Ho hum :(

13. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

UK
    Oooo just spoke to cinema, the following day (the bring a baby showing) is completely empty (but we still aren't allowed to go! :mad:)

She said the main one sold out almost instantly with it being a special event/premier/Q&A but because its so popular they will be screening it again during the following week so there's still a chance :)

14. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    @Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

I know which screening you're talking about. My mum is working with MENE to get other screenings shown in the area. There might be one at the Gala in Durham and possibly also Newcastle University.

15. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

UK
    Nice one! :thumbsup: Just heard that tyneside are hoping to move it into a larger room so the tickets might open again for the 25th

Edit: PS. I used to be a member of ME north east, but after moving house (5 miles away) i joined a different one slightly closer to me.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  16. Vasia

Vasia

justy and Joh like this.
  17. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany

JaimeS, Gingergrrl and John Mac like this.
  18. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany

JaimeS and MEMum like this.
  19. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    I was surprised at Halifax
    Leeds and Huddersfield have me/cfs groups
    Think Leeds are doing a screening

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  20. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

UK
    I really enjoyed it :thumbsup: was great to be in a cinema with a load of ME folk watching something about us.
    It nearly killed me but I'm pleased i got there was worth the wait.

Binkie4, MeSci, Vasia and 4 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.