• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Worldwide premieres of "Unrest"

Murph

:)
I have photos I'm trying to post but it says the file is too big. Help! Some I tweeted so maybe someone can post them here.

Here's a couple of your tweets and the pictures, slightly smaller.

"Going in to #Unrest premiere! Ron Davis, our daughter Ashley Haugen, and Linda Tannenbaum."
C2qcvrWWEAI_xYj.jpeg

This one is a retweet of @ruthannharnisch. "Powerful Q&A w @jenbrea at @sundancefest as her Doc #Unrest premieres to a standing o & many many tears. #MEAction"
C2rD06YVQAA9N2d.jpg_large.jpeg

Jenny TipsforME

Wish I could go! It doesn't seem quite real that there's a successful ME documentary at Sundance.

How on earth did Jen B pull this off in the same year as a TEDtalk? For most well people these would be standout lifetime achievements. She's a very talented woman. I know she'd say it's as much about other people's input, but actually getting other people onside and being able to collaborate is a difficult skill too. Doing it often remotely from bed. Well...

viggster

Lots of both tears and laughter (at appropriate times) during the film. I was peeking around to see how folks were reacting. It's an astounding achievement and it tells our stories so well. Everything from the score to the editing to the lighting and the cinema verite of intimate scenes is absorbing and top-notch. The first question to Jen afterwards was along the lines of, "This film makes me want to do something to help. What can I do?" And that's precisely the response we need. Jen and her team made a fantastic, moving, deeply human film and it deserves to be seen by a zillion people.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I cant wait until I can see it - im sure it will be a long wait, but well worth it! This is such a massive achievement for Jen personally, but also for our whole community.

What can people do? Donate, demonstrate, advocate.

I cant wait until I can see it - im sure it will be a long wait, but well worth it! This is such a massive achievement for Jen personally, but also for our whole community.

What can people do? Donate, demonstrate, advocate.
I believe they are looking at ways to allow for online streaming of Unrest, plus they've been talking to the MEA about UK screenings.

And if we make it "donate, advocate, demonstrate" we can have our own acronym, D.A.D!! ;)

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
Lots of both tears and laughter (at appropriate times) during the film. I was peeking around to see how folks were reacting. It's an astounding achievement and it tells our stories so well. Everything from the score to the editing to the lighting and the cinema verite of intimate scenes is absorbing and top-notch. The first question to Jen afterwards was along the lines of, "This film makes me want to do something to help. What can I do?" And that's precisely the response we need. Jen and her team made a fantastic, moving, deeply human film and it deserves to be seen by a zillion people.
What was Jen's response to the question?

Jenny TipsforME

And if we make it "donate, advocate, demonstrate" we can have our own acronym, D.A.D!!
I like this, #DADforME

Maybe Ron could be the #DADforME poster child @Rose49 ? I know my Dad was moved by a video Ron did. Both my Dad's children have been affected by ME (i.e. me and my sister) but he's not a researcher
I expect there's a load of dads out there feeling disempowered and up for doing something.

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you

We need to tell people what they can do - a simple thing they can do in a few seconds while they're still interested and before they move on with other things. We can expect the film to raise awareness but not to hold people's attention. We should be putting out donation links for OMF and Solve.