1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Unresponsive Insomnia

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by OkRadLakPok, May 2, 2013.

1. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Something in the ink is magnetic and if it is under the MRI it will pull or boil their skin off!
  2. August59

Upstate SC, USA
    If you sleep 3 to 4 hours or through a cycle they consider it a "good" test. My sleep doc says they are close to having a "Wi-Fi" version that you do at home, but the insurance industry is causing a problem with it somehow. You will still have the electrodes all over you, but no cables. The electrodes transmit to a router on night stand which sends it to sleep technician.
    soxfan likes this.
  3. August59

Upstate SC, USA
    I'm on a 1 hour minimum electronic black out before bed. I have every possible crack in my room blocked from light. I use my air purifier for white noise.

Gabapentin is what they gave me to suppress REM sleep. At 900 mg I did not have a memorable dream for 6 months.
  4. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    I have had 2 nights of either adrenaline or cortisol streaming through my body and have slept a total of about 5 hours the past 2 nights. I just hope I am not having one of those nights during the sleep study....it will be another waste of money like the first one. Since I only slept a total of 2.5 hours (not all at once) I am guessing the study was totally useless...
  5. Calathea

Calathea Darkness therapy

Scotland
    If you want to try darkness therapy, the way it works is that you need to be blocking out blue light for more like three hours before bed. That includes lighting, not just electronics. Yellow bulbs and orange filters are one way of doing it, if you don't want to try/can't afford tinted glasses.
  6. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Are there special kinds of tinted glasses for this?

I imagine that candles are okay...?
  7. invisiblejungle

invisiblejungle Senior Member

Chicago suburbs
    This website sells light bulbs that block the blue spectrum, along with special glasses that block blue light.

https://www.lowbluelights.com/products.asp
    Dreambirdie likes this.
  8. invisiblejungle

invisiblejungle Senior Member

Chicago suburbs
    Hi OkRadLaPok,

I'm sure you've probably tried everything so far, but one remedy I recently learned about is hypothalamus glandular. Someone on the MTHFRDiscussions Yahoo group said it really helps with her sleep.

Phenibut helps me, but it isn't something to take regularly due to tolerance.
  9. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Tattoo inks are loaded with heavy metals...and other crap.

"Heavy metals used for colors include mercury (red); lead (yellow, green, white); cadmium (red, orange, yellow); nickel (black); zinc (yellow, white); chromium (green); cobalt (blue); aluminium (green, violet);titanium (white); copper (blue, green); iron (brown, red, black); and barium (white). Metal oxides used include ferrocyanide and ferricyanide (yellow, red, green, blue). Organic chemicals used include azo-chemicals (orange, brown, yellow, green, violet) and naptha-derived chemicals (red). Carbon (soot or ash) is also used for black. Other compounds used as pigments include antimony, arsenic, beryllium,calcium, lithium, selenium, and sulphur."

I wonder what the health consequences will be in the coming generations due to this insane fad/craze of the last 10 years...?

See more popular forum discussions.