Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

University of Bradford researchers discover potential new way of treating inflammatory diseases

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by wastwater, Nov 9, 2016.

1. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    merylg, Woolie and Webdog like this.
  2. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member

Seeing how KDM always talks about inflammation this might be of particular interest to him and patients of him.

3. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Making the most of it

Australia
    I am currently experimenting with coming off Metformin as it may be contributing to my muscle weakness, fatigue and gut problems. My problems started after taking Metformin, then worsened after taking statins.

It's early days but I seem to be experiencing significant improvement after only a few weeks since ceasing Metformin.

There are research articles and other information on the Internet (sorry no references) pointing to Metformin's adverse effects on mitochondria, ATP energy production, muscle and gut function which prompted me to trial stopping it (with my endocrinologist's agreement).

Everyone is different. Just wanted to highlight that in my case Metformin might be contributing to my problems.

JohnCB and Solstice like this.
  4. Hanna

Hanna Senior Member

Jerusalem, Israel
    Statins are now known to impair mitochondrial function (cf Dr Stephany Seneff MIT). Maybe it could be one of the culprits for your muscle weakness ? Statins impair CoQ10 synthesis. Have you been supplementing enough to compensate the loss ?

JohnCB likes this.
  5. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Making the most of it

Australia
    I stopped statins 5 years ago after they appeared to trigger severe ME.

Hanna and JohnCB like this.

See more popular forum discussions.