• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unexplainable chest rash which appears frequently. Pics included.

Hi Avenger,

Your rash could be related to psoriasis. I know it doesn't look like any classic pictures of psoriasis, but it could be psoriasis in the making.

The itching drives you crazy.

I've had it many, many times worse, to the point of large bursting bubbles of fluid, bubbles an inch and a half long. No kidding. A cortisone cream will work, at least temporarily, but if you can get by without going that way, try Vitamin D creams and vitamin D supplementation itself, as well as much direct sunlight as you can stand each day.

Best wishes, Mary

roller

wiggle jiggle
for many the skin seems a major player in it.
for me, there may be a genetic cause.

is there anything (lotions, herbs) to restore or improve the skin barrier?

anyone tried ceramides as a supplement or anything helpful?

>is there anything (lotions, herbs) to restore or improve the skin barrier?

IF - big if - your rash is due to psoriasis, then the big worry is for when it might get bad enough to get the big bubbles and burst and really leave you open for infection. Your rash doesn't at this point look like it's ready to do that, but it can change fast.

I went through a huge number of skin ointments on mine.
Antibiotic cream didn't help in any way. What eventually cured it was Manuka honey (of the strongest kind you can buy), covered with sterile pads, and changed often, very often with the honey reapplied. It was not cheap but it worked and I'd never be without Manuka honey again. It takes a few days to totally work, but you can see it gradually getting better pretty soon after you put it on.

I assume that it will never get that bad for you. Whatever suits you as a cream ought to help some. Personally, I like coconut oil for those kinds of issues, though I've also tried a great many others.

I forgot to say in my earlier post: you might also try MG17 cream. Some psoriasis sufferers have good luck with that as their cure. T-gel helps some too and not just as a shampoo - you can use it all over your body.

Best wishes, Mary

Just google vitamin c and kidney stones
Ok I read about that research a while ago, mentioned it on this forum and someone replied with a link to further scrutiny of the study proving it very unreliable. It's on a thread titled vitamin c I think.
I had been concerned because in recent years I've had a problem with calcium oxalate crystals/renal colic and I've always taken vit c. I currently take 500mg per day (for over a year now) and no adverse effects.

@Avengers26 jut wondering how you are doing with that chest rash? Do you still have it?
I had the exact same thing for a long time and couldn't figure it out. It was also accompanied by a pins and needles type prickly, crawling, itchy skin at random places all around my body with no rashes in those places.
2 things that helped me was upping molybdenum which helps with aldehydes (from candida, and by extension histamine) and sulfites.
Also, the biggest difference for me was when I stopped taking b6 or p5p. The rash and prickly skin went away in literally a day or two. Perhaps this is something for you to consider?

The problem I have now is I have been off b6 for around 6 months. I have also been working on a Mercury removal protocol and I had a positive test for pyroluria a year or so ago.

I am very wired but tired and feeling very unwell the past couple of weeks and I know b6 is missing from my protocol and I need to get it back in. The problem is that if I take it the itch drives me crazy and I can't sleep...and if I don't I'm having significant problems with over stimulation and insomnia and probably detox issues too as b6 helps make glutathione.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how i could get b6 back on board id really appreciate it.
Thanks