1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS
Looking at my symptoms, many of which are far less these days and some are gone, it would be easy to figure that I'd just been dealing with some heavy-duty menopausal issues.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Understanding CBS and sulfur

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Mindy, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Mindy

Mindy

I'm trying to read as much as possible, but I'm confused about how to get sulfur levels under control. I've been on a low sulfur diet for about 4 months, which decreased my symptoms I'd experience after eating high sulfur foods.

Over the past week, I increased my sulfur foods a bit, took some RX and OTC drugs, which contain sulfites or sulfates for preservation. Within a week, I know realize that my sulfur symptoms were back again and very problematic for me. I tested my sulfur levels with the strips, and levels are at the 1200 - 1600 range.

So my question is how do I get this under control so that if I need to take an antibiotic or something of that nature, I don't result in these terrible symptoms? Will moving to the next SNP or taking more B vitamins help to control this? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

See more popular forum discussions.