• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Under methylator and b12

I have almost all characteristic of under methylator. I have made some blood test and my homocysteine is 5,71 umol/l , b12 is high and folic acid is 12,3 ng/ml. I am also high histamine guy, also with bad cholesterol 200 LDL even with a good keto diet. I am getting into methylation but in Poland we dont have much information about that. I am reading a lot of english articles about it. And on many pages it says that under methylators should avoid b12. I wanted to improve my methylation with mb12 1000mcg, metafolin 800, TMG and SAMe... maybe some b6 p5p also. But now i dont know what to do since in protocols in this forum it always says that the basic is b12. But under methylators should avoid it. So what can i do?

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
One way to check if you need B12 is to try some.

Take a sublingual mb12 tablet and hold it under your tounge for 20 minutes or more, without talking.

if you feel a response, brightening, a big change in mood... you might need more B12

Sherpa

Jarrow b right is what I take. It has cofactors for methylation like B2, b12, folate

I am waiting for my order to Come. Wanted to start with mb12, folate, TMG and then add SAMe and b6. Do u think i should also but jarrow b right? Some People Even say that should Just start with b complex and add TMG

Sherpa

I had good success starting very slow and low. Start one thing at a time and adjust for maybe a week before adding anything else. First B complex, then extra b12, then extra folate in tiny increments.

Methylation supplements can be extremely powerful for some people's genetics and nutrient status. Taking too much can be extremely unpleasant, anxiety provoking... Better to test the waters slowly is my philosopgy

At home i have over 200 pills of swanson b100 but as i See those forms of vitamins are not the one preferencje. So i can Just throw it away

ahmo

under methylators should avoid b12.
This doesn't make sense to me. There are some links in my signature for Freddd's Protocol, and also Methylation for Dummies. Caledonia has many links to simplified methylation, both written and videos.

Here's someone going through a similar thing to you, also talking about B vitamins. It seems to help to take lower doses of the other B vits, which tends to keep the need for potassium lower. good luck. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ay-had-a-horrible-reaction.40810/#post-656523