May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Undark: The Curse of a ‘None of the Above’ Disease

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Cheshire, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Cheshire

Cheshire Senior Member

The Curse of a ‘None of the Above’ Disease
    Millions of Americans languish with elusive or poorly understood diseases. New genetic research — and some humility from doctors — might help.

https://undark.org/article/mystery-diseases-syndromes-health-care/

Woolie, Snow Leopard, Hutan and 10 others like this.
  2. IThinkImTurningJapanese

IThinkImTurningJapanese Senior Member

Japan
    If you propose to help those in the greatest of need, ie. wish to be a health care professional, please listen to this,

lauluce likes this.
  3. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

There is the clear need for a constructive approach to "medically unexplained symptoms" which would involve doctors saying "I don't know what is wrong" as well as focused research and education on topics such as POTS, MCAS, EDS, and so on.

Hutan, lauluce, Gingergrrl and 9 others like this.
  4. GENUINE Science does not dismiss the unexplained as long as it has supporting evidence
    In fact the "unexplained" is what those who love Science RELISH!
    Just takes time and effort, sometimes centuries, to understand things

But the Medical Profession?
    PFFT! Arrogant camel scrotums who won't admit.they are a cult and that.is proven by their condemnation of anything that y can't understand, that challenges their authority or they can't make profit from
    Long since.time genuine physicians FOUGHT to reclaim and rebuild their system and regain their honour, to put care for the sick and not ego as the absolute of their profession
    If you do not.oppose evil, you support it

lauluce likes this.
  5. lauluce

lauluce as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope

argentina
    I always wonder at which point in human history something as mundane as the concept of an unknown or not understood disease became "medically unexplained symptoms",that label implying that they're some sort of special disease that can't be understood by normal scientific means when clearly it isn't the case and it never was the case with unknown or unexplained diseases

Sean, Sidney and trishrhymes like this.
  6. lauluce

argentina
    I strongly oppose the evil that is modern "medicine" sir! it in fact has become a cult, a dogma, a shady organization

SilverbladeTE likes this.
  7. lauluce

argentina
    lovely

See more popular forum discussions.