• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Uncomfortable sensations - difficult to describe

(had those for years, went away, came back)

Is anyone else with severe weakness, ME/CFS
also suffering from sensations such as:

During a bowel movement, feeling very ill
as if the body is stressed by the motion?
A feeling stemming from the abdomen,
but not digestive area? Almost out of breath,
but not breathless? As if you are punched in
the stomach almost, not feeling the punch
but the sensation of after the punch?

Another one, is when feeling worse, prickly
or sensation of being injected with something,
over the upper torso, sometimes in the neck
region? Not angina, but something akin to this?

There are other sensations, those two are particularly,
uncomfortable, accompanied with even more weakness,
a feeling of general malaise, not nausea.

ukxmrv

Maybe this would be something to consider?

http://drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Patent_foramen_ovale_as_a_cause_of_fatigue

"It is surprising how little a pressure change is needed to open the floppy flap over the foramen ovale. When it has not stuck down, just valsalva manoeuvre will do it. This would occur with sneezing, coughing, straining at stool, sleep apnoea and possibly snoring. I have one patient who gets severe headache with sneezing – this could be explained by a rush of poorly oxygenated blood into the brain."

Maybe this would be something to consider?

http://drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Patent_foramen_ovale_as_a_cause_of_fatigue

"It is surprising how little a pressure change is needed to open the floppy flap over the foramen ovale. When it has not stuck down, just valsalva manoeuvre will do it. This would occur with sneezing, coughing, straining at stool, sleep apnoea and possibly snoring. I have one patient who gets severe headache with sneezing – this could be explained by a rush of poorly oxygenated blood into the brain."

Interesting, but would this not show on an echocardiogram?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Interesting, but would this not show on an echocardiogram?

It is very hard to see on an echo, and also, it would have to be "open" at the time. I have had numerous echos and only one showed it--and that one was done by the cardiologist who wrote the testbook on echocardiography. He was directing the tech doing the test.

Sushi

Mithriel

Having a bowel movement lowers the blood pressure. An old medical trick to lower a dangerously high blood pressure quickly was to get the patient to strain as if having one.

As ME people often have postural hypotension it could be what is causing your problem there.

So many strange symptoms we have .....

Mithriel