1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK XMRV demo 1st November

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Kate_UK, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

The demo is in London at the Dept of Health on 1st November, also this website has details of what to do if you can't go to London.

http://www.notsonice4me.co.uk/

more info here http://listserv.nodak.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind1010c&L=co-cure&T=0&P=5526

2. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    Go UK! Make a big stink!!!!
  3. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Don't forget that volunteers are needed for this project. Email the organiser at contact@notsonice4me.co.uk

Get involved even if you cannot get there on the day
  4. RivkaRivka

RivkaRivka Senior Member

this is great!! you have our support from across the pond!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Uno

Uno Senior Member

Brighton, United Kingdom
    To support this campaign, Action Now - a brand new advocacy group, are organising a "TIME FOR ACTION:UK" style campaign, based around the one that had notible success with the NIH. To be launched prior to the Demo so keep your eyes peeled for announcements. Not so Nice for M.E and Action Now are working their pretty backsides off behind the scenes to make our voices heard.
  6. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Thanks great Uno, people who cannot get to the demo want their voices to be heard as well. Hope they will be included in this new venture.
  7. fred

fred The game is afoot

Advisory Committee on the Safety of Blood, Tissue and Organs: public meeting 26 Oct

This might be another meeting worth attending for those in London. It is SaBTO's (Advisory Committee on the Safety of Blood, Tissue and Organs) third public meeting to be held on Tuesday 26th October at 10am. The subject of the meeting is: Organ transplantation - benefits and risks of higher risk organs.

There is time allocated for public comments and questions. It may be worth asking if the ban on blood donation extends to organs.

Details are here.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/ab/SaBTO/DH_119016
  8. Uno

Uno Senior Member

Brighton, United Kingdom
    I think someone may be attending that meeting but I need to clarify that! Absolutely UK XMRV, the idea of it is a multi headed approach as it were so people who are bedbound can be involved by writing and people can protest if they can/are able/get friends to go etc.

Action Now also have some fun stuff coming up next summer...so look out for tricycles with banners in a town near you when the weather warms up!
  9. pictureofhealth

pictureofhealth XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

Europe
  10. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

Police permission for the demo has been granted.
  11. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
  12. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    News of the demo has reached the LA Times!
  13. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    That is our old friend Trine Tsouderos of the Chicago Tribune.

Her article bugs me (and especially since the LA Times keeps reprinting every negative story about XMRV that they can find and has no reporter of their own following the story - they gave big play to the Weiss paper too.) Is there a thread yet for this article? Guess I'll get one started if not -
  14. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

from http://www.notsonice4me.co.uk/
  15. me_is_realist

me_is_realist

They only need beans for that!
  16. jace

jace Off the fence

England
    Bump. It's getting closer, folks. Anyone planning to attend, here are .pdf files of a leaflet and a flyer to download and print.

Attached Files:

17. jace

jace Off the fence

England
    Bump again. New version of the Blood poster, the one with more text. Some problems with the previous one, so pleas use this one instead.
  18. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    wishing you guys all the luck!
  19. pictureofhealth

pictureofhealth XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

Europe
    Hoped there might be some coverage on the lunchtime TV news - nothing on ITV or BBC website yet - will check again tonight BBC & ITV news.
  20. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Hi picture - the protest is 12:30 to 2:30 pm so maybe if there's coverage it will be later. I had been assuming it would be too small a protest to be covered by the media - so many are so sick I find it hard to imagine many people managing to demonstrate. There's also such a lot of high-profile stuff on the news today as well. I would be very happy to be wrong, though! And I think they're doing a great thing just by doorstepping the DoH.

See more popular forum discussions.