• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK: URGENT: Please write to your MP to promote EDM by Carol Monaghan MP

Countrygirl

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...on-launched-by-carol-monaghan-mp-09-may-2018/
‘ME Awareness Week 2018’ New Early Day Motion Launched by Carol Monaghan MP | 09 May 2018

An early day motion has been launched by Carol Monaghan MP, and she needs your help in asking other MPs to sign the motion increasing the chance it will lead to an actual debate in parliament.

What is an early day motion?

Carol Monaghan, SNP member for Glasgow North West.

Early day motions (EDMs) are motions submitted for debate in the House of Commons for which no day has been fixed. As there is no specific time allocated to EDMs very few are debated. However, many attract a great deal of public interest and media coverage.

]Session: 2017-19

Date tabled: 08.05.2018

Primary sponsor: Monaghan, Carol

Sponsors: Black, Mhairi ,Gibson, Patricia, Bardell, Hannah, Sheppard, Tommy, Brock, Deidre[/QUOTE]

“That this House recognises Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) Awareness Week from 6 to 12 May 2018, which aims to highlight the impact this invisible illness has on 250,000 people across the UK; recognises the fantastic work campaigners and charities are doing to highlight ME as a physical condition which is not all in the mind; acknowledges the detrimental effect of the PACE trials and its results, and the work which is being done to reverse this; and encourages people to go blue for ME across the week, to further bring this illness out of the shadows and into the spotlight.”
[/QUOTE]