Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK: two doctors on trial over death of a boy

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by SilverbladeTE, May 6, 2016.

1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-36228763

now to be careful since on going court case, not going to talk about this case per se
    but from personal and familial experience , doctors have several times damn near caused the deaths of family members by grotesque negligence.

~cousins lad a doctor said was just the Flu, he was in diabetic coma and almost died

~his grandmother as little kid was also struck down by diabetes, that's the incident where my mum, a nurse, went ballistic on walking in and seeing her wee sister terrified but unable to move watching air bubbles
    snake down the IV tube into her arm, as a doctor and nurse watched
    she bawled them out asking if they were enjoying seeing how much air it took to kill a kid like the Nazis did
    it wasn't until much later she suspected that's they really were trying to kill her.

etc

oh and the US is no better, as my folks over there know.
    it's a "human" problem.
    UK's "elite/professional class" bullshit has just calcified it over here and they close ranks,
    where as in US it's hidden a lot by lawyers/money interests (out of court settlements) :/

2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    This doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't you call an ambulance? They would be able to carry him.

Justin30 likes this.
  3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    I hate to say this but I see this as partly the mothers fault, surely if your child is so sick they cant even walk and having hallucinations, that most would call an ambulance!

(thou I once was in that state as a child of around that age with a super high fever too when I had EBV but my mother never did so I guess not everyone is that smart)

The dr thou should loose her job for this, she should of told the mother to ring one

panckage and Valentijn like this.
  4. msf

msf Senior Member

Unfortunately some people believe that doctors are infallible.

See more popular forum discussions.