1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK, The Times, 23 Apr: 'Biological breakthrough offers fresh hope to ME sufferers

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by filfla4, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

They've not got a great history with CFS.

I ended up reading a EDS paper of there's which seemed poor and biased a couple of years ago too, but haven't been following their more recent work.
    Valentijn likes this.
  2. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    I've been wondering, re the Newton muscle study, if they were to subject the muscle samples to in vitro sessions of CBT, if less lactic acid would be secreted? :confused: o_O ;) :p
    MeSci, maryb and Valentijn like this.
  3. Ritto

Ritto

Bob and Sasha like this.
  4. Bob

Bob

England, UK
  5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I am sorry to read this. Its not fair that this happens to anyone, and especially bad when it happens to good people trying to help others.
    SilverbladeTE likes this.
  6. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Especially since JN is involved in a Rituximab study in another disease.
  7. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    Prof Julia Newton is organising/chairing a biomedical conference in Newcastle:

CFS/ME 2013: UPDATE ON AETIOLOGY, DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT
    5th of December 2013
    Venue: Royal Station Hotel, Newcastle
    http://www.medineo.org/products/35-cfsme-2013-update-on-aetiology-diagnosis-and-management.aspx

About the conference

We are delighted to invite you to this exiting CPD accredited conference presented by the leading national and international experts in research of the CFS/ME.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is sometimes dismissed as an "all in your head" illness. A diagnosis is given when a health care practitioner has ruled out other causes for the cluster of symptoms. However Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) is a complex and serious debilitating medical condition with a diverse range of symptoms. Profound physical and/or mental fatigue is the most well known, while others include pain, disturbed sleep patterns and gastrointestinal problems and affect about 200 000 people in UK including children. Each patient experiences his or her own personal combination of symptoms. Still individuals with this disease remain frustrated by the lack of belief and support from health care providers, families, and friends. They continually doubt themselves and ask "What's wrong with me?", "Am I crazy?", "Am I imagining these problems?"

This conference will focus on bringing healthcare professionals together to share their knowledge and achievements in diagnosing and managing this serious condition. Leading experts will discuss latest developments in understanding the aetiology and pathophysiology of CFS/ME; Update you on the recent developments of the research.

Topics will include
    • General overview of CFS/ME
    • Aetiology and Epidemiology of CFS/ME
    • Pathophysiology of CFS/ME
    • Diagnostic challenges of CFS/ME
    • NICE and the evidence base - the future
    • Management of physical activities
    • Management of psychological symptoms
    • Diagnosis and management of symptoms in children
    • Management of sleep disorders
    • Management of Autonomic dysfunction
    • New developements in research

See list of speakers on the website.
    Valentijn likes this.
  8. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Bob new thread here. Crossed posts. And your own is presented so much better than mine :p
    Bob likes this.
  9. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    :lol: "Now see here, little myocytes, you are wrong in your belief that you cannot perform oxidative phosphorylation for more than a few minutes before switching to glycolysis and producing too much lactate. You are doing this to yourself, because you have an irrational fear of oxidative phosporylation."
    ahimsa, Little Bluestem, Mark and 4 others like this.
  10. Bob

Bob

England, UK

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, it makes me feel like laughing and crying at the same time!
    Little Bluestem and Valentijn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.