1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK - Regional News! UK Blood Donation Ban.

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by VillageLife, Nov 3, 2010.

1. VillageLife

VillageLife Senior Member

United Kingdom
  2. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    Alas! I got a message that says "this video is only available to be viewed within the United Kingdom."
  3. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Switzerland/Spain (Valencia)
    The video stays in and XMRV OUT :tongue:
  4. Ronnie

Ronnie

Norway
  5. Sherby

Sherby Sherby

London UK
    They, the press, Still don't dare to say those dreaded words, XMLV or MLVs. Ok its good to see some coverage of recent events but its going to take other research studies around the world to finally hammer the stake into Wesselys chest. and i want to be first.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Yes, I found it odd that they didn't mention the words "XMRV" or "retrovirus". The interviewee was wearing a badge that said "XMRV positive" but you had to look hard to see it and if you didn't already know what it meant, you wouldn't realise.

I'm baffled as to why they did the story. If they weren't going to say that CFS might be caused by a retrovirus and that's why patients think there's now a blood ban, what was the point of doing the story at all? That was the story and they somehow managed not to report it.
  7. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I'm assuming that this report was cooked up by Action for ME as their HQ is in Bristol and Sir Peter was interviewed.
  8. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    Now c'mon, you have to do something when you're paid 80,000 a year ($129,176) for a part time job.

See more popular forum discussions.