Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK rebranding of ME as PPS/MUS to be treated with GET/CBT

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    More evidence of the potential harm imposed on patients by gullible doctors who are addicted to the alledged fraudulent PACE trial

http://www.lambethccg.nhs.uk/Practi.../Pages/default/3 MUS Lambeth PLT 09 03 17.pdf

This disturbing document from page 30 onwards describes how ME is rebranded as PPS, which, apparently ,the patients prefer.

GET/CBT is the treatment of choice which amazingly is claimed to be effective :rolleyes: and then this is followed by comments from very grateful patients.

Dolphin, mattie and ScottTriGuy like this.
  2. Deepwater

Deepwater Senior Member

OMG. . . . :nervous:
    I see the twit who wrote it has a twitter account. Has anyone tried to engage with him about this?
    P.S. I don't have a twitter account - twitter believes I am a robot and won't let me have one.

Countrygirl likes this.
  3. Countrygirl

UK
    You can write a review of him and his unscientific faulty illness beliefs here: https://www.iwantgreatcare.org/doctors/mr-mujtaba-husain

4. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    Actually, his email is right in the presentation.

Maybe you can write to him... I just did, explaining the diagnosis and treatment I'm getting in the US and encouraging him to wake up and be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Solstice, boombachi, Missense and 6 others like this.
  5. Countrygirl

UK
    :thumbsup::hug::)

Thank you!

Great idea! :thumbsup:

6. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    He seems to be on parental leave through April. However, we are encouraged to write to these people in his absence:

morufat.raji at slam.nhs.uk
    andrea.bardsley-ball at slam.nhs.uk

anni66 and Countrygirl like this.
  7. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    The only way we will get out of where we are is rebranding, we should hire an experienced person to do all the needed publicity, name damage control....

8. Deepwater

Deepwater Senior Member

Will do that. I've been in too much of a brain-mushed crash for the last couple of weeks, but have been a bit better today so hopefully will be able to come up with something over the weekend.
    But I do agree with @Inester7 - we have to fight them on their own terms. We need our own sciency-sounding body to make statements and produce professional leaflets and press releases about the real science.

I wonder if the drive for NHS acceptance of MUS is coming from the good old health insurance industry again. They've certainly been using it themselves for a while as I know a psychologist who earning his keep diagnosing it for them. I guess they would need the endorsement of the general medical community in order to make the diagnosis stick.

9. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA

See more popular forum discussions.