1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Leptin
Andrew Gladman reflects upon the recent IACFS/ME conference and the buzz surrounding a small molecule, leptin.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK R4 prog on origins of infectious disease - fascinating!

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Sasha, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I listened this morning to a fascinating discussion on the origins of infectious disease in an episode of Melvyn Bragg's normally stunning dull "In Our Time". It's now available to listen to online, here. I know that it's not available in at least some countries outside the UK.

Here's the programme blurb:

It was so interesting it made me think I should read A Planet of Viruses by Carl Zimmer. Here it is on US Amazon (where there are more reviews than on UK Amazon and where there's a "look inside" feature so you can peek).
  2. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Hi Sasha, sorry but i have to disagree about "In Our Time" i find it a fascinating programme and im in awe of Melvyn Bragg! -that aside i didnt catch it this morning, so thanks for posting this, i may listen to it tomorrow when im having a long rest (busy day today)
    Justy x
  3. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks Sasha - I usually listen to Melvin Bragg's programmes but missed this one so can now listen. Seems full of importance for the medics researching "us".
  4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    You must be in good company among lots of other fans or they wouldn't keep going! I guess history (his usual thing) just isn't up my street. It seems to me that almost every programme of his begins, "In 34 BC..." and carries on from there! Even so, when he does an occasional science edition he asks very good questions and I really did think this particular one was excellent.

See more popular forum discussions.